Tuesday 11 October 2016

The Thrifty Christmas Gift Swap Is Back

I can't believe I'm talking about the C-word when just a week ago I was lying on a sun lounger in 30c heat. But autumn is definitely here - I'm looking out of my window at yellowing leaves and grey skies - and so that means it's time to start planning for Christmas.

This will be the fifth year of the thrifty Christmas gift swap, and it's always so much fun to have participants making, buying and thrifting cool gifts for each other. Unlike a lot of other swaps, you do not need to be a blogger to take part: last year was about a 50/50 split between bloggers and non-bloggers.

So, if you're interested, take a look at the guidelines below and then drop me an email to sign up.

How It Works
1. Send your name, address, blog address (if you have one) and extra information to jbistheinitial@gmail.com by Sunday November 6th. Include in your email as much detail about your likes and dislikes as possible, so your giver has a starting point.
2. Once you receive the information about your recipient (by November 10th at the latest), you can start putting together a box of bought, thrifted and handmade goodies you think your recipient will love.  In previous years, gifts ranged from framed animation strips from the giftees favourite film, to Christmas mix CDs, to cool brooches and embroidery hoops, to secondhand books.
3. Limit yourself to a £12 spend (not including postage).
4. Pop your parcel in the post by December 10th (although try and be a bit more prompt if sending overseas).
5. Sit back and wait to receive your own box of delights from a mystery giver!

11 comments:

  1. I'm up for this again this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so tempted but I think (as I said to Char about hers) that because I am going to be in South Africa for Christmas, I am going to try to save my pennies (also house buying). Also, can you believe it, my swap partner from Gemma's Snail Mail one never did send me anything. It was back in May. She was ill and then moved house but all further communication was been ignored. Grrrrrrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when that happens - my first Snail Mail I never got anything back, and I did an Oh Comely swap a couple of years ago and also got nothing. It's just so RUDE!

      Delete
    2. Wonders will never cease. I came home to my Thrifty Swap gift!

      Delete
  3. I did try to comment on your Crete post but I think my Wifi was playing up. Anyway it was something along the lines on I glad you had a good time etc and my usual load of waffle!

    And I just realised I meant to comment on this post but forgot to! I will give the swap a miss this year as I have other stuff to sort out, but I will def be up for it next year as its great fun and you do a good job organising it. Cant wait to see the swaps on your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks :) Yep I think you have quite enough to worry about this winter without throwing a swap into the mix.

      Delete
  4. I know i still need to email you but I am super excited for this! Yay. x

    ReplyDelete